• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Think I have kidney stones, OUCH *$)#@(*

hydrochron

Bluelighter
Alright well about 3 months ago I started having to urinate ALOT, now I drink alot of milk and caffeine everyday. I think I have a calcium kidney stone.

I went to the Dr. about 2 months ago and he was a dumb ass and just gave me xanax and a anti-biotic.

Now my dick is starting to hurt really bad, i'm thinking of going to the hospital.

My question is, is it possible that nothing is wrong and some how i'm doing this to my self? That's what I thought at first but now it's really starting to hurt bad, and it was before to. But now REALLY bad.

Including my stomach area. Is going to the hospital the best thing to do?

At firs tI thought this was from drinking to much milk and caffeien, even drinking cranberry juice didn't seem to help.

Is there anything I can do to fix this on my own, without going to the hospital? Sorry I sound so rattled, but this is painful!

Go to the hospital ASAP.

Stop drinking soda. Drink more water.

I got a better question, what can the hospital even do for me? I know you guys cant answer that.

But i'm looking for a cure to this fucking problem. Last time I was offered pain medication or benzo's. And they told me I was anxious, it was a nurse practioneer and not a Dr. though. So i'm sure he was wrong, they did a urine test and I never got the results.

I have school on monday, and at the end of last semester I had the same problem where it just hurt and I had the sensation that I had to keep going pee. I cant go to school like this.

If there's anything I can do at home to feel better I would like to do that.

^Good idea. The pain has subsided a little bit also. Drank some cranberry juice and am going to eat some soup.

Pretty sure I have some type of problem. Going to try and forget about it tonight.

Go to the hospital NOW. What are you still doing on here man??
At the hospital they can check for any blockages and give you the appropriate medication if there is something wrong. If you have a kidney stone and it blocks a ureter you could be in VERY serious trouble within a few hours. Even if you don't have a kidney stone per se, you could have a kidney infection which can be equally as serious. Don't fuck around with this. Don't forget about it for tonight, go to the hospital now.

Let us know how you go okay? <3

at the hospital they can x-ray to see if you have a kidney stone. if the stone is big enough, they can use an ultra-sonic device to break it up so you can pass it. i too would recommend going to the hospital if you are in severe pain.

The pain has subsided a little, it was really bad earlier, and I did have some caffeine in me.

My symptoms now are frequent feeling of having to urinate. Everyone I live with is crack smoking(not really) and said that there's shitty Dr.s working tonight. Then asked me what I expected to get at the hospital, somtimes things like these you just need to do on your own. I'm never telling any of my family members about any medical shit ever again.

Because now i'm second guessing my self, thinking this is some sort of a placebo. I'm going to goin the morning, thanks for the help guys.

If it flares up again, then fuck it i'll go tonight. Like I said i'm just so fucking confused.

Well, please just be really aware of what's going on in your body tonight and if you feel the need, please go to the hospital straight away. Like I said, kidney problems can become life-threatening in a matter of hours so don't fuck around if it gets serious.

Yeah it's for the best man. Good luck, and let us know how you go okay? Take care <3

Well turns out I have a bladder infection, and yesterday i'm pretty sure I was having a panic attack. So I got some anti-biotics. I'm still not sure what was causing the pain...

I got one more question while i'm here and it's not worthy of starting another thread.

If my hands are cold all the time, what is that a sign of? I work out everyday, but my hands are always ice cold, it's starting to bug me. I'm not taking any medications either.

The bladder infection was causing the pain man! Bladder infections fucking hurt!
But that's good you've got it sorted out :)

Re: the cold hands, have your hand always been like this? Or just recently? Sounds like you could have poor circlulation, which (amongst other things) some recreational drugs can cause. What drugs do you take, if any?

None right now :). Edit: Is there anything I can eat, or suppliments I can take to reduce the erge to go pee?

Is the best thing to do just hold it? This is ridiculous..And embarassing, but I need to figure out what to do about this so I dont have to get up and go every 5 seconds in class.

Last edited:
It's probably just a result of the infection/anti-biotics. And yeah, the pain was from the infection dude!

Cold hands: some people just have poor circulation. I'm in good shape, healthy, etc... but I've always had cold feet, hands, etc... It's probably normal.

As far as the constant pissing: probably better to just piss than holding it in. Your body is telling you to piss for a reason. If it is embarrassing, tell the professor your situation and explain that you might have to leave a few times during class. Sit by the door.

Cranberry juice (or cranberry pills) can help with the bladder symptoms. The antibiotics should help pretty quick too.